If you are wondering how to get exclusive life insurance leads, then know that there are many more than 13 ways.
I’m talking like 132 ways to generate insurance leads.
But in today’s post, we will focus on 13 specific ways to get exclusive life insurance leads through inbound marketing.
This means you create a system for leads to contact you rather than purchasing lead info and contacting them.
Sounds nice right?
So, let’s dive right into the first way to get exclusive life insurance leads for agents.
Blog to Grow Your Traffic
I have grown blogs that have reached audiences of over 1 million people.
- 69% of businesses say that their blogs are what gives them the most lead generation (Hubspot)
- 60% of businesses who blog acquire more customers. (Sprout)
- 81% of companies consider their blogs “useful,” “important,” or “critical.” (Active Blogs)
- 37% of marketers say blogs are the most valuable type of content marketing. (Active Blogs)
I honestly shouldn’t even have to convince you of how important it is the be writing on your blog.
If you can take the time to post 1 blog post per week then you should have a pipeline of inbound leads coming from your blog.
What we have found to be the best option for many life insurance agencies, is to use the Leadsurance platform.
Our technology, marketing, and lead gen experts paired with your agency can deliver tremendous results.
We provide premium technology, marketing, and lead gen services to our clients so they can focus on other aspects of their business.
Spend 30 minutes onboarding and strategizing with our team of experts. Sit back and watch your SEO and content marketing generate exclusive life insurance leads.
Here are the steps you would take with Leadsurance to get exclusive life insurance leads:
- Spend 30 minutes onboarding and strategizing with our team of experts
- Enjoy our done-for-you premium marketing and blogging campaigns
- Watch your traffic from SEO and Social Media grow
- Standby as the exclusive life insurance leads contact you
Create a Content Marketing Campaign
One of the first ways to get exclusive life insurance leads is through a content marketing campaign.
These campaigns basically consist of targeting a buyer profile, creating a landing page with an offer specific to your target buyer, and developing content promoting the offer.
You must promote the content you create and make sure it links to your landing page.
How you decide to go about your campaign can vary tremendously on your goals and resources.
Here are the main steps you need to cover:
- Target a buyer profile and get specific with the gender, age, demographic and life circumstances
- Create a landing page with an offer that is highly targeted to your specific buyer
- Develop content promoting the offer and linking to the offer’s landing page
Targeting a Buyer Profile
Your campaign will be more effective if it is more targeted. The more of a niche that you can segment out of your market, the better.
In today’s noisy and competitive environment you will achieve a more targeted reach and likely further reach as well by targeting specific buyers with your offers.
- Life insurance leads: Try to target specific age groups, health classes, genders, or locations in your life insurance content marketing campaigns. These campaigns will perform better than general life insurance campaigns that are not directed at specific audiences or buyers.
- Auto insurance leads: Again, find ways to niche down and target smaller groups of your audience. This could be targeting liability, collision, comprehensive, leased cars, insurance for traveling to Canada or Mexico.. etc.
Those are just two examples.
The point is, the more specific of a target you can identify, the better exposure your content will get, and the more conversion your offer will have. So, this first step is crucial for your campaign’s success.
Creating a Landing Page With an Offer
With your target market in mind, now you can develop the perfect offer. The perfect offer will be specific to their needs and offer them tremendous value.
If you chose too general of a target, it will make creating the perfect offer much harder. Don’t be afraid to step back to targeting your buyer and niching down further if you are struggling to create an offer.
Your landing page can be short and sweet and should contain the following items:
- Catchy Informative Headline
- A video or some other form of content to explain your offer
- Some social proof such as reviews & testimonials, ratings, or followings
- A clear call to action (a phone #, button or form etc for the user to convert on)
Your offer may be as simple as offering free life insurance quotes or consultations over the phone. A lot of your customers are looking for premium customer service and someone they can trust.
Find ways to offer great customer service through your offers, giving you the chance to build trust with people and turn them into customers.
Developing Content Promoting Offer
This last step is pretty obvious. You have everything set up, now you need to promote it.
Marketers have an 80/20 rule that says 80% of your time should be spent on promotion.
In other words, Step 1 would take 10% of your time, Step 2 would take 10% of your time, and then Step 3 would take 80% of your time.
That is just a general rule, but it does have truth to it. You need to get your offer in front of as many people as possible, within your target audience.
Here are some of the best types of content you can create to drive traffic to your offers:
- Blog posts: Blog content ranks well in Google and engages your audience building some trust first before mentioning and linking them to your offer.
- Social Media posts: Social media is catching up to Google in terms of referring traffic to websites. Right behind creating content for your blog is creating content for your social media
- Email lists: You should be keeping emails for all of your current and past clients as well as folks you’ve assisted over the years. In a polite and helpful way, email the ones you think would like to know about your offer
Develop a Chatbot
Chatbots are taking over the insurance industry. Using artificial intelligence and automation is providing customers with better service while saving agents time.
Having an insurance chatbot on your website 24/7 engaging every website visitor and offering quotes is a great way to produce exclusive insurance leads.
Setup Facebook Ad Campaigns
A Facebook ad campaign is one of the lowest costs of online advertising. They are also quick and easy to implement, you basically just target a buyer profile, create ad copy with an offer, publish Facebook ad campaign
Here is the process to set up your Facebook ad campaign:
- Target a buyer profile – again get laser targeted with the age, demographic, etc
- Create ad copy with an offer that is super specific to this audience
- Publish your Facebook ad campaign and optimize it
Targeting a Buyer Profile
Essentially this is the same step 1 from the content marketing campaign. I won’t rehash the details of it, just scroll up if you didn’t read about targeting your buyer profile in the content marketing campaign section.
Creating Ad Copy With an Offer
This is similar to step 2 from the content marketing campaign section. However, you have less control with a Facebook Ad than with your own landing page.
Here are some tips for your Facebook ad:
- Speak very specifically to your target audience from step 1
- Select a great captivating image that will get attention and help evoke the right emotion for your message
- Keep it simple as best you can
- Do not oversell, offer value and engage your audience
Publishing Your Facebook Campaign
Set a budget for your campaign, carve out your target audience, and submit it for approval.
Build a Google AdWords Campaign
Another paid advertising method that can be very effective, but is also extremely competitive in insurance, is Google AdWords advertising.
Here are the basic steps to building your Google AdWords campaign:
- Target a buyer profile
- Create ad copy with an offer
- Publish Adwords ad campaign
We already talked about targeting your buyer profile in the previous sections.
Creating your ad copy should follow similar guidelines as your Facebook ad.
Your options will vary depending on the types of ad campaigns you choose. You may choose an ad type that allows images or you may just do search ads that are text only.
Setting up a Google AdWords campaign is complex and will require an entire post explaining the details.
If you have no experience running digital advertising campaigns, I recommend starting with Facebook ads as they are much simpler to implement and manage.
Implement a Quoting engine
If you aren’t ready for a chatbot you can go with a traditional quoting engine. These web forms will collect visitor information and provide them with quotes.
They offer consumers with the information they are seeking which is valuable but they don’t do a great job of getting attention and converting visitors into leads.
So, if you choose to use forms then make sure you have a good designer.
One who can create aesthetically pleasing branded forms for your website design.
It should also be noted, that for UX purposes, forms should be easy to access. This helps you convert more leads.
Manage Social Media Marketing
There are free exclusive leads on social media 24/7. If you can get their attention in a good way then you can quickly warm them up to your offers.
There are a number of ways to get active on social media and market your insurance agency. Just make sure to pick a few platforms where your target market is active, and stay consistent posting content and engaging with folks on these platforms.
Don’t be salesly, just try to engage and add value.
Direct Mail Campaigns
Despite what some may tell you, direct mail is not dead.
In fact, depending on your target niche, direct mail could be a very effective channel for reaching your target customer. Direct mail campaigns can be low cost or expensive it just depends on your strategy and offer.
One idea would be to offer a free policy review. You could send out a nice graphic at the beginning of the year offering to review folks policies to improve their coverage and save them money.
Answer Questions Online
Answer.com, Yahoo Answers, and Quora are all great question websites where you can answer people’s questions about insurance.
Your answers will be viewed by thousands of people and you are able to leave links to your website in your answers. So, this will build trust and drive traffic directly to your agency website.
Build Citations on Business Directories
Local directories like Yelp, Google My Business, and AgentReview are highly trusted platforms for prospective policyholders to find insurance agents.
Creating a verified profile on these sites opens up additional channels for you to generate exclusive leads in.
These profiles also serve as citations pointing to your website to increase your visibility in search engines.
Keep on Hustling
Hustling is something anyone in any industry must learn to do in order to generate their own exclusive leads.
Insurance is no different. If you want to generate your own exclusive insurance leads, you better be ready to hustle.
That is it for this section, you should already be mentally preparing to start working harder.
Stay Consistent No Matter What
Whether you are focused on social media marketing, direct mail campaigns, Facebook advertising, blogging, PPC ads, or a combination of them all – stay consistent.
Building a pipeline of leads takes time. It doesn’t happen overnight, and the longer you are able to consistently market your business in one or a number of channels, the more full that channel will become with inbound leads.
If you only start marketing your business for a few weeks or months and then stop, you won’t be able to build up a consistent predictable pipeline of exclusive leads.
So, pace yourself and make a plan you can stick to year round. Marketing is a lot like weightlifting. People join gyms and workout 7 days a week in January only to cancel their membership in February and never meet their fitness goals.
I see this exact same thing happen in marketing all the time. A business owner spends a month working on their website and blog and then the next 11 months they don’t touch it.
Just like a strong and healthy body takes exercise, nutrition, and rest daily – so does a strong and healthy marketing system.
You must tend to it consistently making sure the pipeline stays full.
Get it Done
You’ve done the research.
You just need to come up with your value proposition, messaging, and call to action and you can start generating exclusive leads.
Now it is time to pick some of the ways to generate exclusive life insurance leads and develop a marketing strategy that you can implement with your resources.
And remember, stay consistent and keep optimizing.
If you have any questions about how to get exclusive life insurance leads for agents, then leave a comment below.